[CTS] Re: Network Magic

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 16:08:12 -0800

Thank You Eric. I rest my case! :-D

P.S. There's really no such animal as browsing anonymously!  (^_^)

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:54:17 -0500, "Eric Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx> took time
to say the following:

> Collecting personally identifiable information
> Our products, including Network Magic, collect certain personally
> identifiable information about the status of Network Magic and your home
> network, and automatically transmit this data back to us on a regular basis.
> This information is necessary so that we can determine how users are
> interacting with our products in order to determine ways that our products
> may be improved and to help us develop new products that will be of help to
> you. We may share this information in an anonymous aggregated form with
> select third parties. You may opt out of the collection of this information
> at any time by uninstalling Network Magic from your computer.
>
> By setting up the Network Magic feature, Network Reports, you are giving
> Network Magic and Pure Networks not only the permission to collect such
> information, you are also acknowledging that such information may
> potentially be linked back to your email address, thus making the
> information personally identifiable. This is necessary in order for the
> feature to fully-function and thus relay the information back to you via
> email. This is an opt-in feature only that you must proactively choose to
> enable. For more information, please refer to the Network Magic End User
> License Agreement (EULA). You can unsubscribe from this feature at any time
> by clicking the "stop receiving" link from within any Network Report email.
>
> The Network Magic feature, Network Magic Advisor, also can potentially
> associate information about your home network to the user's email address.
> If you would prefer to keep your information anonymous you can opt-out of
> the customization aspect of this feature by turning it off using the choices
> at the bottom of any Network Advisor screen. By opting out, Pure Networks
> will no longer be able to associate information about your home network with
> personally identifiable information.
> Network Magic Advisor also contains links to other websites not owned or
> operated by Pure Networks. We are not responsible for the privacy practices
> and policies or the content for these sites. Purchases made through any
> Network Magic Advisor links to Amazon.com are governed by the privacy policy
> of Amazon.com, not by this Pure Networks privacy policy. Pure Networks works
> in association with Amazon, so that you can purchase items directly from
> Amazon.com.
>

> When you browse the Pure Networks or Network Magic site, you are able to do
> so anonymously. As happens with other websites your browser communicates on
> an anonymous basis, the type of computer, operating system, and Web browser
> you are using.
> http://www.networkmagic.com/privacy.php
>
> Thank you,
> Eric Vogel   ~Windows Live! MVP~

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm