[CTS] Network Magic

  • From: cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "CTS" <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:18:56 -0800

http://tinyurl.com/2n7vbu

This came in yesterday in an RSS feed.
It sounded interesting and advertised as a freebie so I downloaded the
freeware app.
(There is also a trial app.)
It surprised the hell out of me. It takes the grunt work out of setting
up a home network.

If you have a phone line with a broadband connection and a router you
can have two or more machines networked and sharing files in about 10
minutes. To add another machine you have to install the Network Magic
freeware app on the new machine and tell it what you want to do.
No more setting up IP numbers, MAC's, etc.
It does it all and very nicely I might add. The premium version starts
at about $30 I think but I didn't mess with that........... the freebie
is working fine.

YMMV
--

  cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx