[CTS] Re: Imaging a Computer

  • From: Hal Brown <hal.brown@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:30:40 -0500

You are in a whole nuther world with RAID. I don't know that common imaging software will back up RAID. You could try it, but apps like TrueImage and Ghost make a compressed image of a drive, and I don't know that this would work. The only time I've used RAID is in an industrial situation, and that was backed up to a tape drive.

On 2/10/2007 10:40 AM, CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx wrote:
Can this image be saved to an external hd, like my WD My Book? I have Raid 0 configuration, which means it copies everything to a 2nd hd/partition..but thought that this might be good for extra safety?!!!
                                                       Jackie

--
Hal Brown
email: hal.brown@xxxxxxxx