[CTS] Re: Group aims to drastically up disc storageI

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:28:51 -0800

I would say it's interesting. :-O Seeing that today there's no "standard"
as far as DVD-R is concerned. Now we have Blu-Ray and HD formats
competing, meaning no "standard", Dual-Layered media is outright
ridiculously priced, so those who have the burner that can utilize this
format, is SOL or fork out the bucks for the media. Prices of the DL
burners are going through the floor now, the media for them aren't
keeping up. Sort of like the printer business. Get a printer at a
bargain price, but the money is made with the ink cartridges. I seen in
a local mag that a 50 pack of DVD-R discs (8x) is now under $20, so
maybe things are starting to look up a bit.

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:50:18 -0500, Hal Brown <hbrown@xxxxxxxx> had this to say:

HB> Interesting. I hope I see it in my lifetime.

"They call it PMS because "mad cow disease" was already taken!"

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0505-2, 02/05/2005
Tested on: 2/6/2005 10:28:51 AM

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm