[CTS] Re: D@$#%@^^ IT!

  • From: daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 06:06:05 -0800

John Madden writes:

Ya, disks don't "POP" when they die, so I bet it's fine. I don't think I've ever seen a motherboard go when the PSU blows, but I suppose that one would be more plausible than the disks. Good luck...
John

Thanks John. The reason why I questioned whether it was a hard drive is because lately when the computer shuts down, instead of winding down (the noise of the drives spinning), a couple of times it seemed that it stopped abruptly. :-O Lord only knows which one. (If it IS a hard drive, I'm praying it's one of the 200gb drives that doesn't have anything of importance on them.

** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm