[CTS] Re: Back to School ?

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:20:28 -0700

I think Rolling Thunder was the only thing that ever fazed the VC in the least. They were surviving in those damned tunnels but when the 52's laid down a carpet many of them had a lot of dirt down the back of their neck. The word was it made them terribly nervous in their underground graves ? Guess it would make me nervous too !

Russ Blakeman wrote:

The B-52C's you saw were likely upgraded to D or E models my 71/72. Guess you mean Rolling Thunder for the 'Nam missions. Besides having history under my belt I have some insight into the AF in SVN, my uncle was an aircraft fabrication tech (filled bullet and schrapnel holes with metal plates after they came back in) at Bien Hoa when it had that big airfield disaster. My father in law would never talk about his MP duty there for either tour and now that he's gone there's no chance of working it out of him.