[CTS] Re: Back to School ?

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:40:20 -0500

I got to see the "new military" types that had no mowing, painting, KP, etc
in boot come through - biggest bunch of babies I've seen - one in every
dozen was what we would consider normal stock and usually the offspring of a
former GI (male and female, I've had some really good female troops work for
me before I retired) so they were pretty much brought up differently - way
different the the typical "military brat" that grew up isolated from the
real world.

My wife was the offspring of a 3 combat tour Army MP (two tours of 'Nam were
voluntary and knowing my mother in law I know why) and active duty a while
when I met her at Nellis - no crybaby there even having to deal with kids
and work in Iceland for 2 yrs.

Oh I talked on yahoo with a 24 yr old stationed at Keflavik - NO MORE
PASSES, NO MORE CURFEW - wide open to do what they want to do like on any
stateside base. That sucks.

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm