[CTS] Re: A weekend project !

  • From: cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "CTS" <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 22:05:11 -0800

I'm betting that you have more than adequate power. If you are concerned
a wattmeter is available for about $20 bucks. The idea that 600 watt
power supplies are necessary is ridiculous unless you are wearing
powered socks and your ass-warmer is plugged into a USB port.
I've got a 135 watt supply in a PII with a couple of HDDs and a CD and
it works fine.
That PSU weighs a ton though so by today's standards it may carry 1000
watts.
The weight of a PSU is a good indicator of it's value. I've got a couple
of 500 watters that combined, wouldn't weigh as much as that old 135. No
copper in the new ones so they can't handle the heat and heat kills
them.

--

  cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **