[CTS] Re: A weekend project !

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 20:53:43 -0800

I would tend to agree with this guy that for "this" system, this PSU
would be enough. Would he feel the same if he had three optical drives,
4 hard drives, along with the CPU, two case fans, the cpu fan, etc?

"Note on the power supply: I?m using a SeaSonic S12-330 330 watt
power supply, which can be had for $55. I swear by these power supplies,
and I own five of them because they?re super efficient at above 80 percent,
they?re dead silent, and they?re very affordable. Most power supplies
make much more noise and are typically in the 60-70 percent energy efficiency
range. Many people spend upwards of $100 on a higher power
supply, citing the myth that you need at least 400 watts and higher on a
modern computer. That?s utter nonsense
even for a high-end PC. Even the highestend
PCs peak out at around 250 watts. The
measured power consumption at the plug for
the PC in this tutorial idled at around 73
watts and peaked out at around 110 watts
during intense CPU loads. The high wattage
power supply proponents will often cite
video card manuals specifying that they
need a 400 watt power supply, but those
numbers were just pulled out of thin air and
aren?t based on actual power consumption
measurements. 330 watts happens to be
one of the smallest ATX power supplies you
can find, and it?s more than enough for what
we?re building here."

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:39:19 -0800, cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx took time to say the
following:

> http://tinyurl.com/2rm597
>
> Looks like a plan ?

> --
>
>   cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - IMAP accessible web-mail
>
>  ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
> DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
> DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

> Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com
> Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm
>
> List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm

> http://computertalkshop.com/other_cts_lists.htm

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm