[CTS] Re: 13 year-old to present at linuxconf

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:55:50 EST

weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Because,  Joe,

I  can't criticize those who don't, after
all, I can't bring myself to eat my  cow rare anyway. ;)

Langalist just came in.

Here's a cut from Fred regarding Ramdrives.
"Indeed, Jerry, RAM drives can be used not only to speed up disk-intensive
operations, but also can be used to enhance your system security by ensuring
that temp files--- including the, um, crud that your browser accumulates as you
 surf---are totally disposed of: You can use a RAM drive as a self-emptying,
high-speed cache!"

"You can use a RAM drive as a self-emptying, high-speed cache!"

_http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/_ (http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/)

Here you will find a little utility called Disk Cleaner, a freebie, that
will clean all of Fred's crud and more. You download the freebie, unzip to a
folder, tick off everything you want removed, drag a shortcut into the
Quicklaunch tray, and click on it when you want clean.
Now Mr. Anthony, my question is, why in hell go to the trouble of
redirecting all cache files, temp files, and the rest of the jetsom that
accumulates
when you sign on to the World Wide Web, to a Ramdrive so it  disappears when
you
shut down, when I can click on an icon in the tray and the  same stuff
disappears NOW. I click it again before I open a page and I KNOW the  page is
fresh
and not out of the Ramdrive. Why, Mr. Anthony, why ?
Never mind John. I know the answer:
"some say there are better things out there; some are willing to
take  that chance and give it a try"
Thanks anyway, I don't want some, I just had any !

.