[COMP] Re: College girl who'll do anythin' to learn

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:36:39 -0500

> symonds:/home/mark$ nslookup stu.und.ac.za
> Server:  localhost
> Address:  127.0.0.1
>
> *** localhost can't find stu.und.ac.za: Unspecified error
> symonds:/home/mark$ ping stu.und.ac.za
> ping: unknown host stu.und.ac.za

I get: *** No address (A) records available for stu.und.ac.za

...so this could be perfectly legit.

> At the very least, people who want to receive responses
> should send email from a resolvable domain, especially
> if you're a CS major.
>
> Also I think the username "201502129" is just a bit obscure.

I also haven't received any bounces for this subscriber -- perhaps it's
the MX for this domain that matters, not the hostname?  I get stuff like
this all the time, where trying to resolve the host fails miserably, but I
can still get mail through to the user.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA