Re: research using student work

  • From: Amy Lynch-biniek <abiniek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 09:01:47 -0400 (EDT)

Laurne,
My thoughts are that if this is for a class, and not a dissertaion,
then talk to yout course teacher. While normally my understanding is
that you cannot even use stuff from the Internet without permission,
(and there are all sorts of issues as to wheter or not you can really
know a student wrote it), you aren't doing a publishable paper here,
right? You can probably do it as long as you never attmept to publish
it or the results.