Three chapters question

  • From: "David Ray Golden" <d.r.golden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:04:29 -0500

Hidely-ho, scholarinos!  Long time, no chat.

Happy New Year! Just to show you how pathetically (at least educationally) my new year is starting off, I have a very pedestrian question about the first three chapters of the dissertation: When writing the chapter on metholodoly, what tense do you use? I mean, eventually, it's all going to be in past tense (once your study is done), but right now all that theoretical work is still to be done in the future. So do you write it "I will" and then go back and change EVERY use of verb tense? Or do you just engage in a little creative fiction and write as if you've already done all that work?

Yeah, I know: it's really sad that this is a big issue in my life. Clearly, the choices I have made in life that have brought me to this point were poor ones. I should have listened to my high school guidance counselor who said the real future was in Betamax repair, or possibly I should have further pursued my dream of being the second Vanilla Ice.

Later,
DAVE