[cochiselinux] Re: GCC in a windows environment

  • From: Tyler Milam <tylermilam@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:11:34 -0700

My new pen drive hasn't arrived yet (sometimes shipping can be slow off of
ebay....). I downloaded MinGW32 for testing, but didn't have too much luck with
it. It provides a nice small gnu environment for windows, but unfortunately, I
couldn't figure out how to run without installing...Larry mentioned trying out
the python or perl interpreter. Also, something was said about Borland C on a
floppy. I found it!  Here's the link:

Takes up just over 1mb....not bad. The date on it is May of 1989, though. I
wonder how well it will do for educational purposes.