[citw150] Re: citw 150 L3 Q5

  • From: angel lozada <angellozada2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:12:44 -0700 (PDT)

These days you definitely have to be careful when you go online. Especially if
you have kids, you have to talk to them about the dangers and monitor what they
do. I think that some parents feel that if their kids are in the house they are
safe. That is no longer true.

Jared Smith <waynesworldfire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:The societal issue i looked into
was cyberstalking and cyberharassment.  I looked into these because i really
don't know to much about them and found out a lot of interesting information.
It is amazing to me that people are sick enough to do this kind of stuff and
then some are even sicker by caring out unspeakable actions.  I could not
believe it when i read about how this is an extremely common occurence in the
workplace.  The said thing is is that although i couldn't believe it i wasn't
surprised.  It makes me sick to my stomach to think of how many people get away
with doing such crual things.  I think the worse thing i found out about
cyberstalking and cyberharassment was that there is no law except one to
protect children under 16 years of age from these scumbags.  How is it that
teens are not considered adults until in some cases 18 but more often than not
21, but yet they have no protection from very dangerous people afte
 r the
 age of 16 when in my opinion they are more likely to start running into these
people after they turn 16.  To me this was all very interesting and definitely
got me thinking about what needs to be done to protect everyone.  here is the
site that i found helpful:
http://www.wiredsafety.org/cyberstalking_harassment/index.html

Jared Smith

Yahoo! for Good

Angel Lozada
angellozada2003@xxxxxxxxx
" In Destiny's grand design there are no random meetings for all is meant to be"

Yahoo! for Good