[citw150] Re: citw 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Nick Hardin <nhardin2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:01:57 -0700 (PDT)

The scary part about cyber stalking and cyber harassment is that so much of
your information is available on the Internet.  People on the Internet are not
always who they say they are.  I don't think you should trust anyone you have
not at least met.  I think it is all too common for younger people to give out
information without realizing what they are doing or how little information it
takes to find out about someone.  It is easy to change you identity online, but
once you have given as little information as a name and some conversation,
someone could find where you live.

Jared Smith <waynesworldfire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The societal issue i looked into was cyberstalking and cyberharassment.  I
looked into these because i really don't know to much about them and found out
a lot of interesting information.  It is amazing to me that people are sick
enough to do this kind of stuff and then some are even sicker by caring out
unspeakable actions.  I could not believe it when i read about how this is an
extremely common occurence in the workplace.  The said thing is is that
although i couldn't believe it i wasn't surprised.  It makes me sick to my
stomach to think of how many people get away with doing such crual things.  I
think the worse thing i found out about cyberstalking and cyberharassment was
that there is no law except one to protect children under 16 years of age from
these scumbags.  How is it that teens are not considered adults until in some
cases 18 but more often than not 21, but yet they have no protection from very
dangerous people after the age of 16 when in my opinion they are mo
 re
 likely to start running into these people after they turn 16.  To me this was
all very interesting and definitely got me thinking about what needs to be done
to protect everyone.  here is the site that i found helpful:
http://www.wiredsafety.org/cyberstalking_harassment/index.html

Jared Smith

Yahoo! for Good

Think Positive