[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5 - Filters

  • From: "Deborah Tryles" <dtryles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Listserv - CITW150" <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:38:04 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)

The issue I chose was filters. It's amazing how much time is wasted at work
on the Internet shopping, playing games, etc. Many companies are cracking
down on this by installing filtering software such as Websense: http://www
websense.com/global/en/. This software can be customized to block certain
content and web sites. It can also track where you have been on the Internet
and how long you have been there. My company uses this product; however, it
s not perfect. Occasionally, some sites will be blocked that are perfectly
okay to view; such as hospital supply sites that our buyers research
products on. A quick email to the network administrator and the site will be
unblocked.

Deborah Tryles