[citw150] CITW150 L3Q4

  • From: isyusuf <isyusuf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:07:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi classmates,
Hoaxes are reports that are not actually true. Now, the disturbing thing is
what do you do when you "received" an email supposedly from your internet
security company that is not actually true? How do you know when you have a
real message from your internet security provider? That is why such hoaxes as
an email message from symantec warning receivers of a potential ebook email
virus threat that can wipe out one's hard drive and advising recipients to
forward to friends. The hoax even advises recipients to email
symsecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxx for further information and fix download. Who wouldn't
beleive this? When you do recevie an email from semantec to alert you that the
email is a hoax, how likely are you to beleive this one? It is the helplessness
and anxiety associated with such email hoaxes that make them annoying. But I
guess in the i-age, such has become part of our lives. If you are suspicious of
any email, don't act on the message, call the company it supposedly come from
  and you
 probably will get the appropriate explanation. Some suggests to just delete
the email. If you try to block the address, you are exposed to receiving