[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5 Cost and Universal Access

  • From: Julie Ruark <jcruark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:19:52 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with you Kyle- this is an important issue. I see that efforts are being
made to make access fees affordable. I wonder what's being done to make
computers affordable- I know people can go to public libraries to use the
internet. I wonder what else can be done to shrink the "digital divide". Good
computers are still an expense every four or five years- can lower income
families qualify for some kind of "recycled" computer to help them get online?
-Julie Ruark

Yahoo! for Good