<CT> Software

  • From: Ross Nelson <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:20:14 -0600

Hey all.

I was setting up a computer for someone, and went back yesterday to set up
his internet (refuge from Africa, sponsor couple for our house ), but the
ISP wasn't the brightest.  First, Opera 3.62 doesn't come with
WINSOCK.DLL.  I couldn't find a copy for Win 3.1.  Can someone send one?

Also, they gave him Pegasus.  Great client, finally figured out how to use
POP on it; however, it doesn't come with a couple DLLs that it needs for
POP.  Can someone tell me a good client that'll fit on a floppy and will
work without anything extra (or Winsock, if I get a copy).  I'd upgrade him
to Windows 95 or 98, since that's what he's used to, but the system is what
my 486 was...4mb ram, 486-SX, 170mb hdd.  LoL.

Thanks,

Ross Nelson
Email: coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN:   coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx