[calibrebooks] Re: Travel book review

  • From: "Elizabeth Lovick" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:32:46 -0000

Hi Pam,

I, too, enjoyed learning about China.  But having taught many Hong Kong
Chinese, and knowing quite a bit about their character, I felt she often got
them wrong.  In particular she kept mentioning how they laughed, but she
obviously never realised that the Chinese laugh when they are embarrassed.
That was one thing which made me think she was probably very young, and that
she hadn't really got inside the Chinese character.

Liz

--
Elizabeth Lovick, Orkney, UK
http://northernlace.wordpress.com/