[cad-linux] GraphiteOne CAD for Linux

  • From: Thomas Schmidt <thomas.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:55:58 +0100

Hi All,

I like to announce that the Linux CAD System GraphiteOne Version 1.0, for=
merly=20
known as TomCAD, is now available. As one of the few CAD systems running =
on=20
Linux, GraphiteOne currently provides features for a 2D drafting applicat=
ion,=20
including:
- 2D geometry like lines,arc,circle,splines and more,=20
- Many types of one-way associative dimensions=20
- One-way associative hatching
- Many transformation and modification operations
- Parts for hierarchical structuring of drawings
- Productivity tools like automatic snap, grids, and more
- Postscript printing
- Other tools like layers, multi-documents, multi-views, clipboard and mo=
re

GraphiteOne is available free of charge for private, non commercial, non=20
revenue generating purposes.
For commercial users, there is a commercial single user licence, and a=20
commercial site licence.=20
Due to some delay for the delivery of licence keys for 3rd party products=
, the=20
commercial GraphiteOne product is currently not visible in our online sho=
p.=20
Once we receive the needed licence keys, the commercial single user licen=
ces=20
are available at our online shop at  www.graphiteone-cad.com. This should=
 be=20
the case in about a week. Users who are considering GraphiteOne for=20
commercial usage are invited to use the GraphiteOne Free Version for=20
evaluation purposes until we can provide the commercial version in our on=
line=20
shop.

GraphiteOne was tested and is known to run on the following Linux systems=
:
Debian 3.0 (Woody)
RedHat 73/80
SuSE 80/81
It might run on other systems, but compatibility with other systems is no=
t=20
tested. Users of newer systems like Debian Sarge/Sid or Mandrake9 might t=
ry=20
the gcc3.2 based packages for RedHat80/SuSE81. Official support for Debia=
n=20
Sarge systems will be provided once Debian Sarge is the new "Stable" rele=
ase.

GraphiteOne is hosted on the website www.graphiteone-cad.com. On this
website, you will also find a documentation in the form of a users guide.
All users who would like to receive emails with news about GraphiteOne, c=
an=20
now register a email address at our website. We will frequently post news=
=20
about new versions, new modules and other updates.

One of the main distinctions to other CAD systems is GraphiteOne's
open architecture. This allows users to extend or amend GraphiteOne's
core functionality in a rapid prototyping fashion. Therefor, GraphiteOne
is particularly suited to be used together with other CAD related softwar=
e=20
and/or together with machining tools or NC data generation.

For business related activities, GraphiteOne is supported by a Swiss base=
consulting company. This allows us to provide commercial support and
consulting services for users who like to make use of GraphiteOne's
programming interfaces. Support offerings are described on out website.
For more information, please write to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With Best Regards,
Thomas Schmidt