[cad-linux-dev] Re: viewports

  • From: Chris Somerlot <csomerlot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:44:39 -0400

> > Here I would think we want them in their own directory instead of
> > a subdirectory.
>
> Do you mean they should be outside the document-root altogether?

Yes. that way, we won't have multiple copies of the same block/xref
housed in different drawing directories.

> Paperspaces can be distinguished from other drawings/blocks/symbols
> by a "print" type of element in the parent drawing that contains a
> path, a zoom scale and paper size.

Scale, file location, and insertion point are common properties to
xrefs, blocks and paper space, so why not make them one kind of entity
is all I'm saying. In the master drawing all they would be is an
entity with the said attributes. In the separate directory there could
be attributes in the drawing entity that describes their relation to
the master drawing, so that xref/block/paper space is preserved in the
translation back to acad.