[cad-linux-dev] Re: push vs pull network architecture

  • From: Bruno Postle <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:54:43 +0100

On Mon 05-Apr-2004 at 05:23:40PM -0600, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> 2.  Edit model.  Each change is committed to the local svn
> repository (e.g.  adding a line creates revision 2, adding a
> circle creates revision 3, moving both of them creates revision
> 4...)  Now we have total undo control all the way back to when we
> checked-out the model.

..or let the CAD tool keep a local journal of changes.

With a diff-able CAD format, this could be a directory where the
application drops a date-stamped patch file for every change.  This
undo list could be infinite, it would allow sophisticated
operations: "undo all changes made to red circles before lunch".

--
Bruno