[cad-linux-dev] Re: Base directory format identifier

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:18:56 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Bruno Postle
# on Wednesday 25 August 2004 10:01 am:

> What should the global directory identifier file be called?

>- DIRTYPE =A0 =A0 =A0 # my favourite

Works for me.  Maybe "DIRTYPE.yml", with the extension optional?

>Does anyone have any clever ideas?  We are kind-of stuck with=20
>whatever gets decided.

Is this somehow then becoming part of the "ocean" spec?  I'm not sure=20
that it has to stay exactly like this forever.  If you're a rhizopod=20
connector, you're looking for DIRTYPE.yml and making sure that it=20
says the type is rhizopod.

This same file might last through all of the various manifestations of=20
the directory-based hub idea, but if it's missing, it could be=20
considered an indicator that the directory in question does not fit=20
the spec which tells you to look for it.

Here's a good one for you, when does "file my_hub/" start to return=20
  my_hub/: rhizopod database Version 5.6
instead of=20
  my_hub/: directory
?

=2D-Eric
=2D-=20
The opinions expressed in this e-mail were randomly generated by=20
the computer and do not necessarily reflect the views of its owner.
                                        --Management