[burpg] Igniter Purge

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 23:03:52 -0700

Hey guys,

Can somebody back at BU make a CAD model of one of the NPT to barbed hose
connectors that we have in the vacuum cabinet?

Second, can you pump up the air compressor and set the regulator to 50 psi,
then time how long it takes to drain to a) the point where it drops below
50 psi, b) till it gets down to like 20 psi?

We need about 10 seconds of ~50 psi inert gas flow for the injector/igniter
(iPurge anyone?) purge. If we can't achieve it with the air compressor
we'll have to fill some other tank we have sitting around with enough
nitrogen and put a reg on it to get 50 psi for 10 sec.

We could the Mk IV tank. It already has the valve (E-reg) on the end of it
to control it...

Thanks,
Armor