[burpg] [MKIIB - "NFV" "Nemperor" "Nova" "NotlisteningtoDrew"] - Manufacturing Time

  • From: Ben Ha <benha@xxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:45:18 -0400

Hey Everyone,

Time for an update on the MKIIB. We are finished with the design (only two
weeks late) and are now ready to manufacture. This means that new projects
are up in the air for people to work on just due to the physical
limitations of being in Boston to manufacture stuff.

Here's what we need to do:

1. Convert the old Mark III tank into the Oxidizer Tank for the Mark IIB.
We need someone to bring the tank down when EPIC is open and cut it to
length. We then need some people to manufacture the bulkheads that Jeremy
designed in EPIC or maybe even in Tinker.

2. We need to order the stock/parts for the combustion chamber and then
proceed to manufacture the parts we need over at EPIC.

3. Order and manufacture the parts/stock for the load cells that Pete has
designed. I'm sure Pete would appreciate some help on this so if you're
free and in Boston for the summer, please shoot him an email if you can
help him out at all.

As far as the parts list goes, please place the parts you need on the
Google Drive form that can be found here
<https://docs.google.com/a/bu.edu/spreadsheets/d/1vS3C8_EoJ6rd2q4CVWSv76p4BpLTdyu0E9vexrNlU9w/edit?usp=sharing>.
Include everything you need for your assembly to function including
fasteners.

Tl;dr: We need people to make things at EPIC.

--
Benjamin Ha
Boston University