Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 30.doc

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 13:17:46 +0100

Newsletter No: 30

Date: 5th May 2009.

Praise Assembly

Well done to all those who sat on my Praise Assembly last Friday. They were:

Reception

Team Points
Last week?s winners ? Beech

Broad Oak Governors?

Dinner Time Trophy

Last week?s winners ? Reception class

Leon Smith-Freeman

Year 1

Caitlyn Baron

Year 2

Ashley Brown

Year 3

Oliver Dalton-Marland

Year 4

Imogen Turner and Ryan Dundavan

Year 5

Erin Gorrell and Angela Andrews-Rollo

Year 6

Monica Shalloe

Swine Flu

As yet we have had no notification from County with regard to changing
anything that we are doing on a regular day to day basis, the school is
making sure that the ?Incident Plan? is up to date and, apart from that, the
Governors, staff and I are just doing what everyone else is doing ? keeping
a close eye on the news, keeping a note of illnesses and making sure that
hands are washed regularly. In fact we have purchased some disinfectant hand
sprays to go in each class, just as an extra precaution.

During the summer term, we have many activities planned, such as sports day,
the Year 6 residential trip, other trips and our annual sponsored event.
These are all still going ahead, unless the situation worsens or we have
other ?orders? from County.

Anonymous Donation

We are very thankful to a person in our community who has kindly donated a
generous sum of money to school to buy something ?visual?. With the money,
we have ordered a large banner to go in our new entrance area, welcoming
people to Broad Oak and showing everyone our Mission Statement. The person
who kindly donated the money knows who they are ? and without breaking my
promise to them by saying who it is ? I just want to thank them publicly ?
so a huge great big THANK YOU to them, your generosity is very much
appreciated!!

Broad Oak Services (Care Club) ? Holiday Club Booking Slip Attached

Care Club is once again running our very successful Holiday Club. It will
take place from the 26th May to 3rd June inclusive. This includes the May ½
term and the three INSET days which follow the school break. The cost is £17
per day, £9 per half day, but not including trips (8.30am-1.30pm or 12.30pm-
5.30pm). All Broad Oak children are invited to join us. Children who have
cousins or other family members are invited to ask them to come along and
join us at our invitation; however, Broad Oak children do come first. All
children who attend our Holiday Club have to be of school age and must book
in advance.

As with all Holiday Clubs, parents must agree to the terms and conditions of
our Care Club.

The activities that we are doing are included on the Holiday Club poster
(these can be seen around school and on the school website!!) Book early to
get a place!!

FULL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WHEN BOOKING.

Mobile Phone Number Check

Tomorrow morning (Wednesday 6th May) we will send out a ?Group Call? text to
everyone as a check ? somewhere between 10am and Lunch time. You do not need
to reply to the text, although if you do not receive it, please contact
school as our records as to which Mobile Phone number that you have must be
out of date.

Healthy Eating Week

Are all the children?s Healthy Eating Week diaries completed? If so please
get them into school as soon as possible, and then we can reward the
children. The usual way of rewarding the children is by an extra playtime ?
although we are looking into other ways of saying ?Thank You? to the
children who complete and bring in their diaries.

Penwortham Gala ? 13th June

After our success two years ago, we are again entering a float this year.
Our theme is ?Noah?s Ark?.  We would like the animals to be in pairs, so if
your child / children would like to take part with a friend, please complete
the attached reply slip with both names and what animal they wish to be.
Slips to be returned by 23rd May, please.

Friends of Broad Oak Primary School ? Registered Charity No.1082746

DISCO - FRIDAY 15th MAY 2009

Tickets are now on sale priced at £2 each

School Lunch ? Week 2 Beginning 11th May
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £9.00 per week. Money should be given, via your child, to their
teacher in an envelope marked ?Dinner Money? with their name, class and
amount.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Birds Eye Fish Fingers, chips/new potatoes, garden peas, tomato ketchup or
Tomato & Herb Spaghetti Crusty Baguette.

Pizza Margherita, herby diced potatoes, baked beans or Lasagne with homemade
dough balls.

Top Crust Meat & Potato Pie, batton carrots, pickled beetroot or Vegetable
Ravioli, garlic bread or Selection of Wraps & Rolls.

Roast Chicken Breast, gravy, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, broccoli,
cauliflower or Quorn Sausage Pasta Bake, homemade dough balls.

Gammon & Pineapple or Toasted Panini with choice of fillings, Oven baked
waffles, new potatoes, mini corn on cob.

Chocolate & Pear Sponge with Chocolate Sauce.

Mandarin & Grape Muffin.

Gingerbread Person with cool strawberry milk.

Rock bun.

Artic Roll.

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk
or fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets
also available subject to demand

Yours sincerely

Mr Stephen B. Smith

Headteacher

PS: Did you know?

If your child goes on Holiday during term time for 2 weeks every year that
they are in Primary school, in total they are missing the equivalent of one
whole term of school!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????

Please complete and return to Mrs Oliver by 23rd May

Penwortham Gala

NAME OF CHILD ????????????????????????  CLASS ???..

My child would like to be a ??????????????????..??. on the float and be
paired with

??????????????..???????????????. (Name & Class)

Signed ??????????????????      (Parent/Guardian)

Broad Oak Services ? Holiday Club

Please return to the School Office by Thursday 21st May with full payment.

Tick days required Thank you

Commencing

26th May to 3rd June

Childs Name/Class

Tuesday

26th May

Wednesday

27th

May

Thursday

28th  May

Sea-Life trip £3.50 extra

Friday

29th  May

Monday

1st Jun

Tuesday

2nd Jun

Wednesday

3rd Jun

Permission for my child?s face to be painted if they attend for this
activity:   Yes /No

I am aware of the terms & conditions and other information regarding Care
Club on the school website.

Legal Parent / Carer Signature: ___________________________________
Date: _________________

??????????????????????????????????????????????

FRIENDS OF BROAD OAK PRIMARY SCHOOL

REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 1082746

DISCO - FRIDAY 15TH MAY 2009

INFANTS    : 6.30 ? 7.45 P.M.        TICKETS £2.00            JUNIORS    :
7.45 ? 9.00 P.M.       TICKETS £2.00

We must insist that all children are collected by a responsible adult at the
end of the disco and that a contact telephone number is available for each
child.

No. of Infant tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each         TOTAL £_____

No. of Junior tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each         TOTAL £_____

TOTAL ENCLOSED £___________

I CONFIRM THAT MY CHILD/CHILDREN WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE END OF THE DISCO
BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.

SIGNED____________________________

I CONFIRM THAT I CAN HELP AT THE INFANT DISCO / JUNIOR DISCO / BOTH

.

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.