Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 28.doc

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:22:32 +0100

Newsletter No: 28
Date: 27th April 2010.

Get to School on Time Week

Don't forget that we are holding a 'Get to School on Time' week this week. The
children will have received a diary to complete, noting down the time that they
arrive at school each day - if they didn't, there are some spare ones outside
the school office, or download one from our school website. We are helping the
children in school with filling in the diary, if you're worried about not
knowing what time they arrive.

 Once the diary is complete they can bring it into school during the following
week (the week beginning Tuesday 4th May) and we'll enter it into a 'best
presented diary' competition, Don't forget that all children who hand their
diaries in (whether they have been late or not) will have an extra reward in
school.

Praise Assembly

Well done to all those who sat on my Praise Assembly last Friday. They were:
Reception

Team Point Winners
Last week's winners - Chestnut

Winners of the Broad Oak Governors'

Dinner Time Trophy

Last week's winners - Year 6

Tiya and Yusuf

Year 1

Joseph

Year 2

Louis

Year 3

Sophie

Year 4

Shivam

Year 5

Adam

Year 6

Chloe

Bank Holiday Monday

Just a reminder that school will be closed next Monday (3rd May), as it is a
Bank Holiday Monday.

School Lunch - Week 2 Beginning 3rd May 2010
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £9.50 per week, £1.90 a day. Money should be given, via your child,
to their teacher in an envelope marked 'Dinner Money' with their name, class
and amount.
Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Bank Holiday

Cheddar Cheese Whirl, Mashed potatoes, baked beans or Chicken Chow Mein, naan
bread.

Beef & Onion Pie, New potatoes, baton carrots or Vegetable Ravioli, garlic
bread.

Roast Chicken Fillet, gravy, roast potatoes, broccoli or Quorn Pasta Bake,
homemade dough balls, wedges

Whitby Scampi, low fat chips/new potatoes, garden peas or Spaghetti Bolognaise,
garlic bread.

School Closed

Jelly & Ice Cream

Gingerbread Person

Raspberry Buns

Strawberry Ice Cream Roll

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk or
fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets also
available subject to demand

Hothersall Lodge Residential Visit 14th-18th June 2010

Just a reminder that parents and carers of Year 6 children who are going to
Hothersall Lodge are invited to attend a meeting in school tonight at 6.30pm
when you will receive information about the visit.

Year 6 SATs week

You will probably have read in the press that Headteachers and schools are
balloting as to whether they should boycott the Year 6 End of Year SATs tests.
The schools in the area (the WRIST Schools) are making their decision tomorrow
whether or not to boycott the tests.

At Broad Oak we will still be completing an End of Year Maths and English test
with the Year 6 children, since we would like an end of year test result, and
it is what the children have been working towards for the last few weeks.
These tests will still take place during the proposed SATs week (the week
beginning the 10th May), but the outcome of the decision by the WRIST schools
will decide whether we send the test results to the Government or not. I will
keep you informed of the decision as soon as it is made!!

During the Hothersall Lodge meeting, Mr Bromley will be informing you of any
last minute preparations that you can be doing with your children, before the
tests take place.

Yours sincerely

Mr S B Smith

Headteacher

Did you know...
If your child goes on holiday during term time for 2 weeks every year that they
are in Primary school, in total they are missing the equivalent of one whole
term of school during their Primary School years!!

Friends of Broad Oak Primary School (PTA)

Jamie Oliver Party - Friday 7th May 2010

This event will be held in school on 7th May starting at 7.00pm.  Please come
along and bring your friends! There will be lots of fun games and tickets cost
only £2.00 each which includes refreshments and a glass of wine. Also you will
get entry into a raffle where the lucky winner will receive £100 worth of the
JME collection.

You should have received a flyer about this event - please return the slip to
school as soon as possible, enclosing the relevant amount of money for the
tickets requested.

[cid:image001.gif@01CAE5F3.8BF085D0]

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.

GIF image