[BNU] Re: problem when keysoft 9.5 comes out

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Marcus L McCrae'" <marcusm318@xxxxxxxxx>, <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>, <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 21:04:48 -0700

Hi,
You'll need some special equipment and knowledge to do this (don't try this
at home).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: Jessica Brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx
To: joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx, bn list <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date sent:
Tue, 21 Apr 2015 19:16:59 -0800
Subject: [BNU] Re: problem when keysoft 9.5 comes out

Yes, I am interested in how CE and KS boot and I can think of some others on
this list who may also be interested.

From: rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx
To: joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx, zumbagecko@xxxxxxxxx,
braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date sent: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:04:19
+0100

Hello All, And Joseph,
Now, I will say no details, but my helpers, in school, can not use the bn,
what so ever. But especially not computer braille.
So for one thing, they can't set a password. Especially if I set a password
on the unit beforehand, in computer braille. Then once, (if
ever) they get
in, we still have a few problems. If, I set the password, I will obviously
unlock the thing, whenever I want it to. I think, due to the terminal mode,
doing a flash disk format will in fact, be doable. I can see a few work
arounds, that could be put into place, but I will not say them, at this
point. If my teacher sets up the password, I speed back up speech, and
could gather password, and get out. But, after my discovery, here's another
thing. Since, I know where login.ini is, and the bn would be connected to a
pc, someone could get in a bootable image of NVDA, start it, and the process
from then on is smooth. Once I get in, I can refresh active synk, and
delete the login. After that, reset bn, and off I go, chat with my friends.
This is just an idea for now, but if someone feels adventurous, like
yourself, I would really have a go at this. PS. I think, the regular
unlock file, would unlock it. Too bad I have never got my hands on one, to
play with it, even more.

Sent from the BrailleNote