[BNU] Re: mager nemeth bug!

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marcusm318@xxxxxxxxx, bn list <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:26:54 -0800

What's a braille
righter?

----- Original Message -----
From: marcus <marcusm318@xxxxxxxxx
To: brl.cents@xxxxxxxxx, malhajamy@xxxxxxxxx, braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 23:38:45 -0600
Subject: [BNU] Re: mager nemeth bug!

i have noticed this and have just whent back to the braille
righter

From: Mohamed <malhajamy@xxxxxxxxx
To: BrailleNote List <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 00:11:44 -0500
Subject: [BNU] mager nemeth bug!

Hi all, so, I found a huge nemeth bug.  Here it is.  1.  Force
great  nemeth, by pressing backspace with n.  Then, in the
calculator, do a very long calculation, like 32626+261262.
Then, go back into your document.  Then, enter with i for
insertion.  Then, press c for insert calculator result or whole
calculation.  At that prompt, insert the result.  Here's the bug.
For some reason, it crashes if you do it, and you have to delete
the document to get it working.  And, it says, dots, dots 2 5,
dots.  That's how it reads it.  And, the braille display freezes.
Here's the cause.  I figured out that, instead of putting in
numbers, it puts in an extended character.  Since it would only
render as a question mark in emails, I've atatched a document
containing the character.  I think that that character is
confusing the word processor.  I figured out that if I focus the
cursor on the character, then remove it, everything goes back to
normal.  No worries, opening the document I've atatched won't
lock your apex.  It's unicode, and it won't lock up.  Alex or
joseph, have any of you seen this character? It seems to be some
kind of high-level programming character.  And, the temperary
workaround is to force grade 2 when inserting results.  Hope this
helps.

-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family
of products from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals.  If
you feel that your reply would be useful for others, please use
"reply to all" feature in your email client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the
subject line of "unsubscribe" to
braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery
settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please
send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Thanks.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view