[BNU] mager nemeth bug!

  • From: Mohamed <malhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BrailleNote List <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 00:11:44 -0500

Hi all, so, I found a huge nemeth bug. Here it is. 1. Force great nemeth, by pressing backspace with n. Then, in the calculator, do a very long calculation, like 32626+261262. Then, go back into your document. Then, enter with i for insertion. Then, press c for insert calculator result or whole calculation. At that prompt, insert the result. Here's the bug. For some reason, it crashes if you do it, and you have to delete the document to get it working. And, it says, dots, dots 2 5, dots. That's how it reads it. And, the braille display freezes. Here's the cause. I figured out that, instead of putting in numbers, it puts in an extended character. Since it would only render as a question mark in emails, I've atatched a document containing the character. I think that that character is confusing the word processor. I figured out that if I focus the cursor on the character, then remove it, everything goes back to normal. No worries, opening the document I've atatched won't lock your apex. It's unicode, and it won't lock up. Alex or joseph, have any of you seen this character? It seems to be some kind of high-level programming character. And, the temperary workaround is to force grade 2 when inserting results. Hope this helps.