[BNU] essage From Skweezer Support.

  • From: John Patrick Houck <victimsofchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Braillenote <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 22:29:18 -0600

---- Original Message ------
From: Skweezer Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Blind users of Skweezer.
Date sent: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 19:32:50 -0800

We've been getting a lot of e-mail from visually impaired users, so
I've written this message to answer the questions that are being
frequently asked.

WHY WE DISCONTINUED THE FREE SERVICE:
We had to discontinue offering free access to Skweezer because it
became too expensive for us to host the service. That is the only reason we pulled the plug after ten years of offering free access to
Skweezer--we simply couldn't afford it any longer.

SKWEEZER ACCOUNTS FOR INDIVIDUALS:
We do not offer individual Skweezer accounts due to the cost of
maintaining thousands of separate user accounts, which requires
additional customer service, coding, and account management personnel.
For the service to pay for itself, we would have to charge you an
unreasonable amount of money to use Skweezer. We do, however, offer Skweezer as an enterprise-level service to internet service providers and wireless carriers. We work with these companies because they bring in a large number of users that can be managed through a single point of contact. This is the only way that we've found to make Skweezer
support itself financially.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE USING SKWEEZER:
Please get in touch with the folks at your internet service provider or the maker of any accessibility software you're using and tell them to contact us about starting a Skweezer Enterprise account. in the meantime, we're going to reach out to the folks at Humanware to see if
we can get some type of partnership going.

All of us over here at Skweezer are sorry that we can't continue
providing you service as we have done over the past decade. Hopefully we can find someone to partner with and go back to providing you with
service.

Best regards,
Mark Sieve
Skweezer Co-Founder

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view