[brailleblaster] Re: Translating and multidocument interface

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 23:21:45 +0100

This sounds like either a liblouisutdml or java bindings for liblouisutdml issue. Unfortunately debugging C code is beyond me, so I will need to let someone else deal with it.

Michael Whapples
On 07/05/2012 21:22, Vic Beckley wrote:
Michael,

Yes, normally you can close a document in an MDI interface and just have the
main program open without a document loaded. Unless I missed it, though, the
close option hasn't been implemented in BB yet.

I performed more testing and got some more possibly good error information.
Here is what I did:

I brought up BB from the command line.
I opened document 1.
I opened document 2.
I translated document 2. This worked fine.
I tried to translate document 1. I received the message that the translation
had failed.
I closed document 1. Document 2, which had been translated, was still open.
I opened document 1 again.
I tried to translate it again. This time BB was completely terminated from
memory. I am pasting the information from the command prompt window below
and attach8ng the log file that was created. I hope this is helpful.

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
C:\bb\dist>java -jar brailleblaster.jar
dtbook.sem:66: Action or style 'list' in column 1 not recognized
dtbook.sem:141: Action or style 'note' in column 1 not recognized
nemeth.sem:34: Action or style 'matrix' in column 1 not recognized
#
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000001800ff9a4,
pid=3916, t
id=6996
#
# JRE version: 6.0_31-b05
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.6-b01 mixed mode
windows-amd64
compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [liblouisutdml.dll+0xff9a4]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\bb\dist\hs_err_pid3916.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
C:\bb\dist>

Best regards from Ohio, U.S.A.,

Vic