[brailleblaster] JFace and MVC for SWT widgets

  • From: "Susan Jolly" <easjolly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:29:12 -0600

I have been becoming more and more convinced that the issues of deal with the content of a StyledText widget are more complicated than they should be.

After reading some more, I've learned something I should have already known if I were going to use SWT and that is that SWT and JFace are meant to go together. SWT is just widgets, i.e. the view. JFace, which like SWT can be used independently of Eclipse, provides model-view-controller functionality for using the SWT widgets.

Right now I'm trying to understand this better by reading this article:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecgui1/

Susan