[brailleblaster] Re: I broke some of the paths, how can I fix them

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 08:52:12 +0000

John, it does make a difference whether the libraries are compiled for 32-bit or 64-bit. What really matters is what architecture of the JVM is for, IE. a 32-bit JVM won't like using native libraries for 64-bit, or vice versa. Also some older Macs were powerPC, however I would raise a question of whether supporting powerPC is worth while. I am not sure how long ago the last powerPC based Macs were produced, I think it was a few years ago now, is there a powerPC version of SWT, etc?

Michael Whapples
On 01/02/11 03:11, John J. Boyer wrote:
Java is supposed to be compile once, run anywhere. The jar files are
platform-independent except for the swt.jar which includes native
libraries. I'm not sure, but I think that if the native libraries are
compiled for 32 bits they will work on 64 bits, with perhaps a small
drop in performance.

John

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:54:59AM -0800, Alex Jurgensen wrote:
Hi John,

Let me get something straight. There are different versions of the Jars found in the
"lib" directory for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, right?

Regards,
Alex,

On 2011-01-31, at 11:44 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:

You will have to change org.brailleblaster.BBIni.java Change
nativeLibraryPath. If you moved the library with the jar files you will
have to give a classpath Could you avoid this problem? Porting should be
as simple as possible.

John

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:12:36AM -0800, Alex Jurgensen wrote:
Hi All,

Whe I was building my latest edition of my Braille Blaster mock up, I moved the "lib" and
"native" subdirectories.

What do I need to pass in at the command-line to get BB to work again?

Your help with this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alex,

Alex Jurgensen,
VoiceOver Trainer,