[brailleblaster] Re: How can I test whether a StyledText has changed?

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:41:50 +0100

I can think of a number of ways of achieving what you ask, but I don't know
which is seen to be the best option.

1. Keep a copy of what is written to the file in memory, on closing compare
this to what would be written if the document were to be saved.
2. You might be able to listen for events which indicate the document has
changed and then set a boolean variable to true to indicate document changed.

There may be others but those are the ones which first come to mind.

The other thing to remember is that the styled text control doesn't know when
you last saved its contents (the responsibility for saving clearly should not
be anywhere near styled text control) and therefore you will not find anything
in StyledText which will tell you the answer.

Michael Whapples