[brailleblaster] Re: Another off-topic request for SWT information

  • From: Richard Baldwin <baldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:24:47 -0500

Thanks Chris,

You have been a tremendous help to me on this project, and I have a few more
questions if you can spare the time.

1. The labs at the college where I teach can't yet support 64-bit Java but
my home computer can. So far, I haven't installed the 64-bit version on my
home computer because I didn't have a need for 64-bit Java. Now I do have a
need. Can the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version of Java peacefully
coexist on the same Windows Vista Home Premium system? Some users of my
program are running 64-bit Java and I need to upgrade my computer to act as
a test platform for both 32-bit and 64-bit Java/SWT if possible.

2. I am experimenting for the first time with executable jar files. Can the
32-bit and 64-bit SWT DLL files be included in the same executable jar file,
or will I need to create separate Jar files to support users who are running
32-bit Java and other users who are running 64-bit Java?

On another note, I have posted a 32-bit executable jar file containing the
prototype of my "Drawing Program for Blind Users" at the following URL. I
expect to update it from time to time to add new features.

http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/SWT-SVG/SVGDraw01.jar

I would appreciate hearing your comments and suggestions for improvement.

Thanks,
Dick Baldwin