[bookshare-discuss] Re: request

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:38:43 -0400

Rick,

I assume you have checked Wikipedia but I will double check but if the stoory
is based on a book by Frank Miller his story is based upon ancient Greek
history  All I could disccover was  that Miller's "graphic novel" was the
source but I cannot find the novel.  I will try to find his source and get that
to you and will see if my librarian can do better.  All the other books I find
listed under his name are something more than comic book and less than full
novels.

go to : http://imdb.com/title/tt0416449/plotsummary for the plot summary and I
will find out what my librarian can discover. The source I sited here will send
you to the other such graphic screenplays and/or books  he wrote including Sin
City and Batman. but these also seem to be in the catagory of "graphic novel".
The story of The 300 Spartans at Thermopylae, though brief, is poignant. It was
in the writings of HERODITAS who wrote 40 or more years after the actual
events. A summary is in most good encyclopedia and the overall  context is in
any decent history of Sparta which again is based on Heroditas  and later
scholars. There is no contemporary source. If my librarian turns up more I will
send it along but by then I expect you will have loads of information from
other  bookshare-discuss members.

Amy
omsm