[bookshare-discuss] Re: question

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:54:49 -0500

Amber,

You need to be a little clearer when you ask questions.  It's difficult to
understand exactly what happened and what you're asking.  I'm guessing by
what you wrote, though, that you attempted to search for Carolyn Keene using
the author's link.

I checked the author's link for Carolyn Keene and found 61 books.  It's easy
to tell how many there are since the number of results is given above the
list of Keene's books.

I search for Carolyn Keene using Simple Search and found 61 books.  Again,
the number of results is given above the list of Keene's books.

I also search for Carolyn Keene using Advanced Search and found 61 books.
Just like the other two methods, the number of results is given above the
list of Keene's books.  The difference here, though, is that Advanced Search
currently has a bug which prevents you from switching to another page of
results when something is entered in the Author field, so you aren't able to
see books 51 through 61.  When you click on a link to take you to another
page of results, Advanced Search kicks you back to the form for Advanced
Search.  It's possible to get to the second page by modifying the options in
the page's address, but it's easier to use the author link or Simple Search
to look up books by author at this time.  The bug has been reported to
Bookshare and will hopefully be fixed the next time the system is upgraded.

Sorry about the confusion.

Gerald

  _____