[bookshare-discuss] Re: can't play books on victor stream

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookmaven@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:27:23 -0500

Hi all,

No, Bonnie, no, Bookshare has been planning this change for months. They notified everyone, I'm sure.

It isn't even so much the fact that *all* humanware products do not work with Bookshare that is so bad, it is the fact that the only press releases we've received have been half-assed, we-think, solutions with no time line, no real communication involved at all. Not only that, the solution they offer is half-assed, excuse my language, but it is the only word that applies here. The legacy site does work, but apparently it is static and instead of telling people that, something which is important to know, they just tell us to go there and use it. It's like a plumber telling you to use the old bathroom in the barn because he doesn't know when he's going to be able to fix the plumbing in the house. this is unacceptable, period. It's not Bookshare's fault, it's Humanware's.

Ann P.