[bookshare-discuss] audio books abridged..

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:02:06 -0800 (PST)

A lot of audiio books seem to  be abridged. I was
surprised to notice that when selecting audio books
for a friend of mine who hates abridged books. In our
bookstore we have a lot that have been donated, and I
brought home quite a few for her to choose from among
and they were all abridged. After that I looked
carefully at both ones the librarians were discarding
and others that were donated to us, and extermely few
were unabridged. I have no idea why that would be.
Several said "approved by the author."  I admit that I
skip some descriptions in some books and get to the
story, but that should be my choice, not someone
else's.

Cindy