[bookshare-discuss] Re: Update On The Wheel of Time Project

  • From: Bookshare Volunteer <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 04:01:56 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I would like to add that I found a 2003 interview with Robert Jordan. There are no spoilers. If you think you might be interested in this great epic fantasy series and are unfamiliar with it, I recommend hearing the interview. If you've already read all of it as I have, it will only add to your like and respect for this great author, at least it did for me. The bad news is that it's in Real format only so it requires RealPlayer or something that can play the RealMedia format such as Helix or MPlayer on Linux. I don't have a direct link but I will put it up for download if people want it. You can also go to http://bookotron.com/ and go to the Agony Column, from there to the audio interviews. It should be near the top but you can search for Jordan if you don't find it right away. There are tons of other interviews there also that you might want to look at.

EVAN REESE wrote:
I'm sending this because I'm pretty sure there are some here who would be interested to read it. Below is a link to a fairly long and detailed explanation by Brandon Sanderson, who was asked to finish The Wheel of Time series, of how the project is going, why certain decisions were made regarding how many books it will involve and a projected timeline for completion. http://www.brandonsanderson.com/article/56/Splitting-AMOL The way things are expected to go may not please everyone; but I for one am happy to get the news, especially the part about a new book probably coming out this November. Evan