[bookshare-discuss] Re: Questions from new volunteer

  • From: Paula Mack <pmack1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:01:06 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi Kellie,

Oh, so glad you understand.  I was afraid I wasn't explaining it right.  I did
have Word show me all the markup, and although I didn't check every page, (was
sort of hoping to avoid that), there was definitely some white space and a page
break mark near the header or footer.  What I'm thinking might have happened is
that maybe on some pages but not most of them, maybe the header or footer
didn't come out, so there went the page break too.  or it could be as you said:
whoever scanned this didn't use the two-page scanning option.

I just can't think of a surefire way to fix this short of checking each page
and that would take a lot of time.  I just was hoping that there was a method I
hadn't considered.

Thanks for helping me with this.  i want to learn as many tricks of the trade
as possible.

paula