[bookshare-discuss] Re: Questions from new volunteer

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:29:10 -0500

Hi Paula,
Sorry, I understood this backwards. What may have happened is that either
you're right and because this file is txt Word isn't recognizing all it's
page breaks and is substituting its own according to the paper length
setting, or two pages sometimes scanned as one and that has thrown off the
page count. You could check just to see if a few page breaks are located
near a header or not--that would tell you what's happening. but either way,
the process for fixing all that can be quite tedious. So you could just
accept the book as is with the changes you've made to fix scanner errors and
weird formatting. In txt files I've seen displaced paragraph marks where
there actually should have been page breaks.