[bookshare-discuss] Re: Question About Withdrawn Books.

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:41:58 -0600

Thanks, Angela!

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 12/22/2014 11:22 AM, Angela Griffith wrote:

Hello everyone,

My apologies for the delay in responding to this question, but I wanted to verify my information before answering.

There can be a number of reasons why a book gets withdrawn.

--A publisher might have sent it in error, or lost rights to distribute it in litigation with the author or other publishers.

--The book may have had problems in formatting that were significant and unfixable with current tools. (This happens VERY rarely!)

--Most commonly, the book was overwritten by another copy of the same title – it can be found by searching for title or ISBN, rather than using any links that were previously saved for the earlier copy.

Hope this helps!
*
Angela Griffith*

*Bookshare Technical Support*