[bookshare-discuss] Re: Question About Withdrawn Books.

  • From: Angela Griffith <angelag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:22:48 +0000

Hello everyone,

My apologies for the delay in responding to this question, but I wanted to
verify my information before answering.

There can be a number of reasons why a book gets withdrawn.

--A publisher might have sent it in error, or lost rights to distribute it in
litigation with the author or other publishers.
--The book may have had problems in formatting that were significant and
unfixable with current tools.  (This happens VERY rarely!)
--Most commonly, the book was overwritten by another copy of the same title -
it can be found by searching for title or ISBN, rather than using any links
that were previously saved for the earlier copy.

Hope this helps!

Angela Griffith
Bookshare Technical Support