[bookshare-discuss] Re: Question About Withdrawn Books.

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 17:33:56 -0600

Hi Barb,

Are you searching for the books on the Bookshare site and not finding them, or are you looking back in your book history or perhaps using a link you bookmarked to the books last year?

I'm asking because usually when I find that a book I downloaded is withdrawn its because it has has been replaced with a newer copy. When Bookshare does that, the newer version gets assigned a totally new page and book number, and old bookmarks or links from your downloaded book history won't take you to the current version.

Occasionally I've also found that publishers have withdrawn their publisher quality books from the Bookshare collection, without providing a newer copy. I don't know why publishers do that, but it does seem to happen.

Does that help make sense of what you're experiencing?

Judy s.
On 12/12/2014 5:11 PM, Barb O'Connor wrote:
I was going through my nhistory today, making a list of Christmas books. I noticed that some of the books which I downloaded just last year have been withdrawn. I haven't searched to see if some how some of these might be still there but, why are books like that gone?
Barb

--
Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>