[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: dogs, cats, and names

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:11:48 -0400

Shelley,

You make me feel not quite so weird about about the numerous names I give my cats:

Tybalt, T.Capulet, prince of darkness, imp from hell, Boyo, and computer cat.- he is a 13 medium long haired tuxedo whose weight is in his hair and bones. he does not seem fat if you flatten his hair down.

Ygraine [King Arthur's Mother], Gata Gordo, Hooshkele, Hooshkel Hoonum [+/- Persian for Beautiful Lady], and fat cat- she is a gray, tan, brow, black, and everything in between american short hair who is 15 pounds of fat.

My cats may not be "seeing eye" cats but they have their function. They keep me from feeling sorry for myself, for moping, from being lazy as food must be stirred regularly, water change often [both in bowl and toilet], cat litter has to be scooped even though I have an automatic machine that does it and just generally fussed at if I spend too much time in instead of on the bed and they do not put up with self pity or the blues for more than 30 minutes at a time.
If you ask them they will tell you that making me tow the line is hard work.

Amy