[bookshare-discuss] Re: New Books

  • From: Ronald D Smith <ronsmith@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:42:24 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I guess some people have deleted the word gratitude from their vocabulary list!

ronsmith@xxxxxxxx

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Tony Baechler wrote:

Umm, this wasn't an attack. I just got tired ofseeing that same link that I originally found showing up on Jake's site and still no one can bother giving proper credit. I feel it's only fair that if I spend over $300 on books for the community to enjoy that I'm at least credited with buying them. I don't want credit for scanning since Carrie did that. I'm not even asking for thanks and admiration. I just want to be given credit for what I've done. If you really feel that's an attack, I guess that's just one more reason to fade into the background. I'm not just going to let this fade away though since so much of my money and time are involved. I don't mind helping out the community and I believe in the general principles of free, open source software and the spirit that goes with it. I still don't think I'm asking too much though. Even free software gives credit to other developers. Finally, you seem to have overlooked something. I've changed my mind about shutting down Jake's site. I don't really want to do that and it would do more harm than good. Since he is appreciated by others, I'll leave his site alone. I'm just not going to do any more volunteering, buy more books, etc until this is resolved somehow. I don't expect it will be so oh well. I would rather save my money. If you have a way to solve this situation that satisfies all concerned, let me know off list. I'm willing to listen.

At 09:00 AM 8/4/06 -0500, you wrote:

Tony,

Attacks such as yours do not belong on any mailing list.  Jake is a
well-respected person, and as I understand his site, people add things
because they want to help.  He does not get paid for having his website.

Sue S.